The Chargeback Process
If you receive a dispute for the order the acquiring banks debits our account for the same upfront and so we do debit your account for the same, they also provide us the timeframe in which the sub-merchant can provide the supporting documents so that we can present the case to the acquiring bank. The chargeback will be reversed only if the card member reverses the chargeback, else it remains as a dispute. In case of a chargeback for 'transaction not authorized' the card member might have forgotten the charges as the charges on his statement appears as 'ccavenue.com/CHARGE'. In the near future you may request all manual authorization for all the successful orders so that we can check the genuinity of the card member. We would also like to bring to your notice that this reduces the chargeback, but still the card member can dispute the charges for other reasons. Also note that as per visa / master card rules customer has 180 days to ask for the chargeback. Also we would like to bring to your notice that in online delivery of chargeback cases we forward invoice copy to our concern gateway because of its online delivery and there is nothing being physical delivery. However, we follow up the matter with the acquiring banks on a weekly basis and if we receive a reversal for the order we can reverse the same to our sub-merchant. If the dispute is not resolved then the sub-merchant has to bear the loss for the same.
Step by step handling chargeback
1) We receive a chargeback through our business partners banks.
2) Adding a chargeback through system with sending mail to the merchant.
3) Preparing documents for sending to the bank.
4) Once any additional documents is received from the merchant, forwarding to the bank.
5) Updating all the chargeback details in the file.
6) Following up with business partners bank through call or mails for the chargeback final status.
7) Informing merchant about final status of chargeback which we received from the bank.
Salary: INR 2,50,000 - 3,00,000 P.A.
Industry: Internet / Ecommerce
Functional Area: Financial Services, Banking, Investments, Insurance
Role Category: Treasury
Role: Back Office Executive
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time